Outdoor Building Tours of Cincinnati Music Hall are Back!
While anyone can view the structure, only tour attendees will really see the details, understand the significance, and hear the stories about this iconic building!
The Outdoor Building Tour offered by Friends of Music Hall explores Music Hall's history, the symbolism and design of the architecture, the challenges at every step of construction, and the people who made it happen. Also, you’ll get information on the culture and society of the neighborhood in 1878.
We are certain you will gain new appreciation of this iconic structure!
Friends of Music Hall Tour Guides are all volunteers - individuals who love history. They sincerely love and appreciate this building. Our guides are dedicated, undergo lots of training, and truly enjoy sharing Music Hall with everyone!
Our Guides work hard to ensure guests are entertained while they share fascinating stories and anecdotes. They also encourage interactivity during tours and welcome questions about Music Hall.
Tell Me More About the Outdoor Building Tour
- Outdoor Tours are held through October, rain or shine, on a limited number of Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Tours are approximately 60 minutes long.
- Essentially this is a “walking” tour; however, the tour path is accessible for individuals using walkers or wheelchairs.
- At the date and time of the tour, meet your guide on the front steps of Music Hall at 1241 Elm Street. The guide will be wearing a dark polo shirt and badge and will check you in.
One more important detail: this tour does not go inside Music Hall.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Yes, this is still very important, for everyone’s safety.
- Tours are limited to 8 people, in order to maintain a safe distance yet still be close enough to the guide to hear.
- All guests and guides are required to wear a mask or face covering.
- Children under the age of 6 and individuals with medical conditions are exempt.
- Guests need to spread out (at least 6 feet) during the tour.
- Guests and guides are asked to use hand sanitizer.
- Guests should cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or tissue.
Tour Cost and Details
Tickets can be purchased up to three hours before the start of the tour. It is highly recommended that tickets be purchased in advance.
Tour tickets can be purchased online or by calling (513) 621-ARTS . Tours are limited to 8 people.
- $15 per person
- $5 for children under 12 years of age
- $13 per ticket when you purchase 5-8 tickets together
As COVID-19 safety precautions are needed, tours are limited to 8 people. Individuals and groups larger than 8 should contact the Friends of Music Hall office by calling (513) 744-3293 or by email
Student groups can take the tour for $5 each. There is also a 10% discount for members of the Over-the-Rhine Chamber, Friends of Music Hall, Cincinnati Arts Association (CAA) and for Certified Tourism Ambassadors
Interested? Make it Happen!
For full details, check out the Frequently Asked Questions page. Our FAQ includes information on restaurants within walking distance of Music Hall.
And a reminder: There are also stories about Music Hall in other blogs on this website!
Mindy Rosen is Executive Director of Friends of Music Hall.