Let Friends of Music Hall Program Guides take you on a fascinating trip through history with a Music Hall tour!
There are several ways you can take a tour of Cincinnati Music Hall. Choose from:
- Indoor Building Tours (currently on "pause")
- Outdoor Building Tours (on select Thursdays and Saturdays through October)
- Speaker Series, where we bring the tour to you, with photos and stories about this National Historic Landmark
Outdoor Building Tours have re-started and will operate through October, weather permitting. Tickets must be purchased in advance through the Cincinnati Arts Association either online (links on the right side of this page) or by calling (513) 621-2787 to contact the ticket office.
NOTE: Ticket sales will be stopped three hours before the tour start time.
To protect our tour guides and guests, Friends of Music Hall is implementing the following measures, as recommended by the CDC:
- All guests and guides are required to wear a mask or face covering which covers the mouth and nose.
- Children under the age of 6 and those with medical conditions are exempt.
- Guests are asked to spread out (at least 6 feet) during the tour
- Guests and guides are asked to use hand sanitizer, washing hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Everyone should cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or tissue
Outdoor Building Tours meet and depart from the front steps of Cincinnati Music Hall located at 1241 Elm St. between 12th and 14th streets. The Friends of Music Hall Tour Guide will be checking registration 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. Guides will be wearing badges and dark polo shirts.
Yes! We often offer discounts through social media:
- "Follow" Friends of Music Hall on Instagram
- "Like" Friends of Music Hall on Facebook
- "Follow" Friends of Music Hall on Twitter
Where possible, please mark Friends of Music Hall as "See First" in your Newsfeed.
Additionally, we offer 10% off tickets for OTR Chamber, Cincinnati Arts Association, Friends of Music Hall and Cincinnati Tourism Ambassador members. If you have any questions on how to use your discount please call (513) 744-3293 or email us. Group and student discounts are also available.
Local merchants offer special discounts too. Just show your Friends of Music Hall sticker (that your receive on your tour) OR your paper ticket.
Cincinnati Food Tours - 10% off all of our tours with promo code CINCY
Cincinnati Hemp Company - 15% off
Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices - 5% discount
Continuum - 10% off
Design Lab - 10% discount
Findlay Market's Market Center (located next to Em's Bread and Taste of Belgium) and online store will offer 10% off all merchandise (excluding gift certificates). For the online store, use code MUSICHALL at checkout to receive 10% off
Idlewild - 15% off one full priced item
Kitchen 1882 in The Eatery – located on second floor of Kroger. Buy one get one half off deal for signature sandwich and salads. Closed on Saturdays.
MiCA - 10% discount
Ombré Gallery - 10% discount
Over the Rhine Premium Cigars - 10% off cigar purchases
Paper Wings - 10% discount
TMBTITWI – 15% discount
Taft's Ale House - 10% discount on food
TMBTITWI – 15% discount
Outdoor Building Tours are 60 minutes long. Because our tour guides encourage participation, the exact time of each tour varies.
The Outdoor Building Tour is completely ADA accessible. However, please let us know at the time of your reservation if you have trouble climbing minimal stairs.
- There are no opportunities to sit along the tour route.
- Wear comfortable shoes, bring sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, umbrellas or ponchos in the event of rain.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a guardian at all times.
- The tour is not recommended for very young children.
- No pets.
Please note this tour does not go inside Music Hall.
Email us or call (513) 744-3293, Monday–Friday between 9am and 5pm to make arrangements that best serve your needs.
We do not stop at any restrooms or take any bathroom breaks during our tours. You are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before your start time to use the restrooms. Outdoor Building Tour guests should visit Washington Park’s public restrooms on the Race Street side of the park.
We encourage you to bring your own snacks and water if you would like refreshments for the Outdoor Building Tours. The Porch in Washington Park is open most afternoons and evenings and serves soft drinks, wine, beer and cocktails.Visit the Washington Park website for details.
Walk to one of these nearby restaurants:
- Revolution Rotisserie
- Taft’s Ale House - show your tour sticker or ticket for 10% off
- Kitchen 1882 in The Eatery – located on second floor of Kroger. Show your tour sticker or ticket to receive buy one get one half off deal for signature sandwich and salads. Closed on Saturdays.
- Zundo Ramen & Donburi
- Poke Hut - Show your tour sticker or ticket to receive $3 off spring rolls or cheese wontons with purchase of an entrée (poke bowl or hibachi). Use promo code FRIENDSOFMH to order online. Take-out only.
- Washington Platform and Saloon
- Teak Thai
- Raya’s Lebanese
- Black Coffee Lounge
- Symphony Hotel and Restaurant
Outdoor Building Tours occur rain or shine.
In the event of severe weather conditions we will cancel the Outdoor Tour. In this case, we will be happy to reschedule your tour or refund your ticket price. Refunds or rescheduling due to severe weather can only be processed by calling the Cincinnati Arts Association at (513) 621-2787.
Since the Friends of Music Hall is a non-profit operating small, intimate group tours with a limited capacity, we cannot refund tickets for missed tours.
- If you are unable to attend a tour, consider giving your tour tickets to a friend or family member.
- Ticket exchanges and tax-deductible ticket donations can be processed up to 24 hours before a tour.
- Exchanges can be accommodated by incurring a $2 ticket exchange fee.
- Refunds are only made in the event of severe inclement weather cancellation (typically when lightning is present).
In the instance of any other unforeseen emergency when a tour may be canceled, we will do our best to contact you before the tour using the information you provide. Friends of Music Hall representatives have the prerogative to cancel a tour for any reason or ask any individual to leave the tour group for any reason without a refund.
Refunds or rescheduling due to severe weather can only be processed by calling the Cincinnati Arts Association at (513) 621-2787.
Established as a non-profit 501(c)3 in 1992, Friends of Music Hall was founded to “preserve, promote, improve and provide education about Music Hall.” The Friends of Music Hall offers tours, a speaker series, education programs, Mighty Wurlitzer Organ Concerts, and funds renovation projects.
All tour guides and speakers are highly trained volunteers with a passion for Music Hall. Programming is provided with the support of the Cincinnati Arts Association. To find out more about how you can further support Friends of Music Hall by becoming a member or to volunteer, go to FriendsofMusicHall.org, call (513) 744-3293 or email us.
- Washington Park Garage: 1230 Elm St., 45202
- CET / Town Center Garage: 1251 Central Pkwy., 45202
- SP Parking Lot (uncovered): 1228 Elm St., 45202
Parking rates are subject to change and are posted at each lot or garage.
On Street Parking: Parking meter rates are posted on each meter and vary by location, so be sure to check the meter. Credit and Debit cards, coins and Cincy EZ Park app for smart phones are accepted methods of payment.
Hours of operation:
- Over-The-Rhine (South of 14th Street):
- 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Wednesday
- 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday and Friday
- 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday
- 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday.
- Over-The-Rhine (North of 14th Street):
- 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday
- 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Download the Music Hall Parking Map for directions or for more information,
Take the Cincinnati Bell Connector Streetcar to the Music Hall stop at 14th and Elm Streets.
Volunteer at Music Hall
We're looking for personable individuals to attend the Information Desk in the Ticket Office area of Music Hall. Volunteers in that position greet the public, give directions, and provide mini-tours. Complimentary parking is provided as a benefit. Available shifts are: Mon-Fri, 10:30am to 12:30pm, and 12:30 pm to 2:30pm. Get more information or sign up online right now!