NEW Health & Safety Guidelines are in place for all guests for Music Hall Tours.
Click here for details and to purchase tickets.
Friends of Music Hall offers Music Hall tours, speakers, and classroom presentations of this world-class historical landmark.
To get information on a specific type of tour, click on the name:
Tour inside Cincinnati Music Hall
Explore both public and private spaces in this stunning and majestic structure.
See for yourself how it reflects the spirit of both past and present.
Discover why it was the envy of the Great Midwest in the 19th century and the cornerstone of the 21st century renaissance of Cincinnati's historic heart.
If you have a particular interest in history, music, theater, architecture or Cincinnati culture, this will be a fascinating and memorable experience.
- $15 per person
- $5 for children under 12 years of age
- $13 per ticket when you purchase 5-9 tickets together
- $11 per ticket when you purchase 10-29 or more tickets together
Individuals and groups of up to 29 people should purchase tickets online.
Groups of 30 or more should book their tour through the Friends of Music Hall office. email@example.com.
- $5 each for student groups. Friends of Music Hall can help underwrite costs for school groups, based on financial need.
- 10% discount for members of the Over-the-Rhine Chamber, Friends of Music Hall, Cincinnati Arts Association and Certified Tourism Ambassadors.
For individuals, and for groups with fewer than 30 people: purchase tickets online for a tour of Cincinnati Music Hall
Book a group tour (30 or more individuals) through the Friends of Music Hall office. Get more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE INSIDE TOUR OF MUSIC HALL STARTS: Meet your tour at 1241 Elm Street (south end of the building). Enter through the door marked "CSO Box Office."
- Tour length is approximately 75 minutes
- Tour check-in begins 15 minutes prior to start
- All sales are final
- Food and drink are not permitted
- Tour is completely ADA accessible
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian; tours are not recommended for children under age 8
For full details, check out the Tours Frequently Asked Questions page.
NEW! Special Outdoor Building Tours of Cincinnati Music Hall in 2023
Four special Outdoor Building Tours will be offered in 2023. Explore the history, symbolism and design of the architecture, and the people who made it happen, along with information about Over-the-Rhine in 1878.
Mums, Mom and Music Hall
Give your mom (or anyone you love!), the gift of an Outdoor Building Tour of Music Hall led by a knowledgeable Friends of Music Hall tour guide. Each mom receives a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Gia & The Blooms. SOLD OUT
June 15, 2023
Classical Pride Tour
Our first Classical Pride Outdoor Tour of Music Hall led by our knowledgeable Friends of Music Hall tour guides is Thursday, June 15 at 5:30 p.m. The $25 ticket includes a 60-minute tour, a private happy hour at the Symphony Hotel's rooftop bar for a specialty cocktail or beverage, and snacks. Join us for an afternoon of history and comradery. Click here to buy tickets.
August 12, 2023 from 10 AM to 4 PM
FREE Mini Tours at City Flea
Stop by the Friends of Music Hall booth at City Flea in Washington Park for a FREE mini Outdoor Building Tour of Music Hall led by a knowledgeable Friends of Music Hall tour guide to learn 5 Fun Facts.
To schedule a private Outdoor Building Tour for individuals or groups, email email@example.com.Tours are approximately 90 minutes long. $15 per person. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Meet your tour guide on the front steps of Music Hall at 1241 Elm Street. Please note this tour does not go inside Music Hall.
For full details, check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Friends of Music Hall Speakers Series
- Under One Roof: The African American Experience in Music Hall explores the history of African-Americans whose determination and artistry helped forge the culture and character of Cincinnati Music Hall and our community.
- Muses: The Women of Music Hall: Throughout the 140-year+ history of our "Grand Lady,” Cincinnati Music Hall, the contributions and legacy of incredible women: philanthropists, suffragettes, artists, divas, prima ballerinas, and musicians, have stirred the souls of all within her walls, but have largely been uncelebrated. From Susan B. Anthony to Helen "Nellie” Taft; Isadora Duncan to Janis Joplin; Maria Callas to Mamie Smith, learn how trailblazing women placed the crown upon the Queen City with fortitude and brilliance.
- Music Hall: Then and Now features historic and present-day images along with stories on Music Hall’s unique role in Cincinnati's history.
- Pulling Out All the Stops: Music Hall’s Mighty Organs
visits 19th century Cincinnati, a center of pipe organ building and Music Hall’s six organs from the Hook & Hastings organ to the famed Mighty Wurlitzer.
A one-hour presentation is $150.
Special pricing consideration is always extended to school groups.
Arrange for a Speaker and presentation/virtual tour of Music Hall through the Friends of Music Hall office. Get more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of Music Hall Education Program
Bring Music Hall to your classroom with these creative presentations with fun interactive hands-on activities about a National Historic Landmark.
Beyond the Performance: Virtual Program
The Videos and Lesson Plans included in this teaching package presented by the Friends of Music Hall celebrate Cincinnati Music Hall and those who had the vision, talent and skills to design and construct this beautiful, National Historic Landmark building. Three videos spotlight talented musicians who perform for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, and the focus of the fourth video is the Mighty Wurlitzer organ.
Curriculum: M, SS, VA, SEL
A Look Inside Cincinnati’s Iconic Music Hall: A Student Field Trip
Treat your students to an interactive learning experience inside Cincinnati’s historic Music Hall. They will learn about music, Cincinnati history, immigration, architecture and the women art carver’s movement all wrapped up in the magnificent package of Music Hall. Students will visit several unique spaces in Music Hall where they will participate in hands-on activities with trained tour guides.
Curriculum: M, SS, VA, SEL
Recommended grades: 3-6
Length: 90 minutes for field trips
Maximum audience: 60 for field trips
Cost: $5 per student for field trips; $100 / 3 month license for virtual programming
Find out more about the School Programs by calling (513) 744-3293, or by emailing email@example.com.